Are you fascinated by how globalisation affects world regions? Do you want to really understand other cultures from a wide range of perspectives, and apply this knowledge in your future career? The Bachelor’s in International Studies is a 3-year English-taught programme that offers you the opportunity to study the issues and effects of globalisation by focusing on one of eight world regions. Our multifaceted approach will allow you to interpret and analyse the world from a humanities perspective. In order to be able to do this, you will explore the historical and cultural background of the region of your choice, as well as its political and economic developments. Unique to any Humanities programme, this BA integrates real hands-on experience of working with organisations and businesses into its curriculum.
Why International Studies at Leiden University?
* Study in The Hague, the centre of international politics and policy-making in the Netherlands.
* Analyse the world from various perspectives, focusing on culture, history, economics, language and politics.
* Choose to specialise in one of eight world regions.
* Acquire practical career skills by participating in the PRINS consultancy course.
* Learn about other cultures and develop an intercultural outlook while studying with fellow students from the Netherlands and about 50 other countries.
Haalt eerste jaar
- EM Directe toegang
- CM Directe toegang
- NG Directe toegang
- NT Directe toegang